How to share files between mac and pc? It’s a general question that Mac users frequently ask: You can easily share data between your Mac and a Windows PC on the same system.
Here’s how to do it:
If you use a Mac and a Windows PC in your home, you may some of the time need to share records between them. Regardless of whether its photographs, music, or reports, it’s quite simple to set up data sharing among macOS and Windows if both machines are on the same network. With only a couple of snaps, your Mac and PC can be talking with each other and swapping data. You don’t need to have any of the programming skills, because everything is already in your Mac.
Here’s the way to turn on data sharing between your Mac and PC
Step by step instructions to share data between a Mac and a PC:
- Open System Preferences on your Mac.
- Click Sharing.
- Click the checkbox by File Sharing.
- Click Option.
- Click on the checkbox for the user you’d like to impart to a Windows machine under Windows Files Sharing. You may be requested to enter a secret key.
- Click Done.
When you’ve done this, you’ll have the option to impart data to your Windows PC while you’re on a mutual network. You’ll discover any PCs on your system in the sidebar of any Finder window.
You’ll presently be back on the Sharing window. Next, you have to pick which organizers and clients you’re going to impart to your Windows PC. Press the Plus (+), and Minus (- ) fastens underneath Shared Folders and Shared Users to change your inclinations.
At last, you have to make a note of your Mac’s IP address. You will see this beneath the File Sharing: On message.
It’s a perfect opportunity to make a beeline for your Windows PC. Adhere to the guidelines underneath to move documents from Mac to Windows:
- Open File Explorer.
- In the location bar at the highest point of the window, type \\ pursued by your Mac’s IP address. It will be like \\192.168.1.68.
- Another window will pop up, requesting a username and secret key.
- Enter the requirements precisely as they show up on your Mac.
Document Explorer will show any organizers and clients that you’ve added to the Shared Folders and Shared Users records on your Mac. You can move, alter, and duplicate envelopes like some other Windows organizers. In this way, to transfer from Mac to Windows, simply intuitive it into one of your local folders.
How to Share Files from Pc to Mac
That wasn’t excessively intense, isn’t that so? Presently how about we take a gander at the invert procedure: How to share files from Windows to Mac
To start, you have to ensure that Network Discovery is turned on in Windows. Fire up your Windows PC and work through the accompanying advances:
- Open the Settings application and go to the Network and Internet.
- On the left board, click on Status.
- Under Change your network settings, select Sharing options.
- Expand either the Private Network or Public Network menu, contingent upon your present network type.
- Mark the checkbox alongside Turn on Network Discovery.
- Mark the checkbox alongside File and printer sharing.
- Click on Save changes.
To share organizers on a case-by-case premise, right-click on the envelope’s name and go to Properties > Sharing > Network File and Folder Sharing > Share.
You’ll additionally need to make a note of your Windows machine’s IP address (Settings > Network & internet > Wi-Fi > Hardware Properties) or PC name (Settings > System > About).
When you’re content with your sharing choices, it’s an excellent opportunity to move your files from PC to Mac. Pursue the means underneath to do this
- Open the Finder application.
- In the menu bar at the top corner of the screen, select Go > Connect to Server.
- Type either smb://[IP address] or smb://[computer name] and press Enter.
- You will be incited to enter your Windows username and secret key.
- At the point when you’re ready, click on Connect.
Your common Windows substance will be accessible in the Shared folder of Finder. To move files from your PC to your Mac, simplified as required.
If you have any inquiries concerning how to share files between mac and pc, tells us in the comments section below.